Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THE THREE GIFTS

Three sons left home, went out
on their own and prospered.
Getting back together, they
discussed the gifts they were
able to give their elderly Mother.
The first said, "I built a big
house for our Mother." The
second said, "I sent her a
Mercedes with a driver." The
third smiled and said, "I've got
you both beat. You remember
how Mom enjoyed reading the
Bible? And you know she can't
see very well any more. I sent
her a remarkable parrot that
recites the entire Bible. It took
Elders in the church 12 years to
teach him. He's one of a kind.
Mama just has to name the
chapter and verse, and the
parrot recites it."
Soon thereafter, Mom sent out
her letters of thanks: "Milton,"
she wrote one son, "the house
you built is so huge. I live in only
one room, but I have to clean
the whole house."
"Gerald," she wrote to another,
"I am too old to travel any
more. My eyesight isn't what it
used to be. I stay most of the
time at home, so I rarely use the
Mercedes. And the driver is so
rude!"
"Dearest Donald," she wrote to
her third son, "you have the
good sense to know what your
Mother likes. The chicken was
delicious!"
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say or contribute? Post it as comment gET VITAL TIPS AND LEARN WONDERFUL TRICKs